Saturday, July 5, 2014

L is for Love; The top 25 things I love about D.C.

In celebration of the Fourth of July holiday, I thought it would be nice to stray from the normal blog format and to write a list of the top 25 things I love most about D.C. (so far).

The best fireworks!
1. There is a Starbucks on every corner.

2. I can walk to most places in the city.

3. I meet someone new everyday.

4.  Being able to see the monuments at the National Mall on a daily basis.

5. Fireworks in D.C. are somehow more patriotic than anywhere else in the country. Plus there are more American flags here than I've seen in my entire life.

6.  I can go to museums for free whenever I want.

7.  People on the street speak so many different languages.

Flags everywhere!
8.  I get to witness some of the things I read about in the newspaper.

9.  Food trucks are always around, even when I'm not hungry and shouldn't eat their unhealthy food.

10.  D.C. people are well-dressed.

11.  There is Thai food here! 

12.  The Walmart requires one to both park in a parking garage and ride an elevator.

13.  You can watch the House and Senate in galleries, just like C-span!

14. There are fresh food markets within walking distance of my office.

15.  I get to meet the people whose names are in Education Research reports.

The Shake Shack is also
a new fave!
16.  The Pita Pit (if you haven't eaten there, you don't understand).

17.  The custard/shaved-ice chain Rita's is seriously the best.

18.  Walk signs are more of suggestions than rules.

19.  There's a sense of urgency and a busy-ness about the city.

20. The metro is clean, and not scary (spoiler alert for my next post).

21.  It's our nation's freaking capitol!

22.  The National Library of Education is my new favorite library.

23.  There's something liberating about being in a new place on your own.

24.  Washington Nationals baseball games!

25.  This city has made me one happy girl for the entire summer!

Hopefully by the end of this summer, I'll have 25 more to add on to this list! 

No comments:

Post a Comment